Thursday, November 17, 2005

Ah, the Joys of IT

Working in IT is alright most of the time. That is, except when there is a major project to undertake.

So I had to work out the move of our datacenter switch. In a well documented environment, this is normally no problem. No one documents anything around here, so I spent 2 weeks collecting data and working out the plan. I also made the cables.

So last night, I started the migration with one other person (who was on call). What a freaking nightmare. I pulled an all nighter (almost 24 hours on shift) and still had to work from home. So needless to say, I'm tired. I still have to work another 6 hours before I can rest.

Oh well, it's not too bad. It's honest work, it's not like I'm taking what someone else has worked on, rewriting it and calling my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home