Tuesday, November 08, 2005

A little calmer, a little more focused.

So today for some reason, I'm starting to feel a little calmed down. I am realizing the value in my education as more than a token degree, and even if I don't use the degree to get a job, I can use the education to build something for myself.

Nowadays, it seems as if people don't really care about a college education so much as a college degree. If I never finish my final theory class, and I really any less qualified than a student who did? We need to put an emphasis back on the increase in knowledge and skills represented by a college education, and worry a little less about the prestige of finishing the program.

Not that I encourage dropping out, but rather I commend those who put actual effort into learning something from a class instead of just learning enough to pass the class.

It is with this in mind that I intend to work on a few project concepts that will allow me to use my current skillset and education to earn a living. Instead of finding a contemporary job, perhaps I could create something for myself, while providing for my family in the process.

1 Comments:

Blogger Randall said...

Bravo

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home